Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Back in SWISS land

Hey junta !
So i'm back to home sweet swiss home... Leaving Chennai was really sad and our last coffee at CCD should have lasted forever.. :-(

Chennai international terminal is so hectic that I couldn't even enjoy my sadness once in the airport. I had to wait, get impatient, shift 3 kg from a bag to the other, pay 3 kg extras, wait for the guy to pay with my visa in their office on the second floor, fight with an employee who was treating me like a (/*&(/6 , wait again, crib to the guy in the queue who was glued to my ass (!), get in the plane and finally.... enjoy the flight !! Oh and I should not forget to thank you (din, vivek, dexter,etc) for your WONDERFUL gift that never stopped doing cow's sound and singing "old Mcdonald had a farm, hi ha hi ha ho..." he he quite a nice gift actually ;-))

12 hours later, I land in Geneva. The corridors are calm, the Rolex pictures cover all the walls, the bathroom is big, white and clean and smells good, AND the trolley requires 2 bucks... that of course I didn't have since I only had 2000 Rps !!! Outside, there's a nice wind, a temperature of 22 degrees and a dry air that makes my skin soft and dry and my hair long and smooth. No sweat, no sun, I'm happy :-))

The highway is fast, the car is silent, the trees are green and... actually it gets already a bit boring ! I get home and there are flowers everywhere in the garden. I get in the kitchen (to grab some bread, butter and ham mmmmmhhh) and i'm struck by the silence. Nothing, no sound, like in a sound proof room. I think my ears nearly exploded with such silence. My room has not changed, still full of all the junk I brought back from India last year. Other saris, other bangles, other elephants statues and masala tea powder ! It's time for a drink, so I go for a gin and tonic !! I cook some risotto and my mom prepares some veal, while "smoke on the water" plays on the radio, like an echo of "noir upsurge" he he. Amazing dinner !!! Non-stop talking about mohan, the dustbin, the monkeys, you guys,... :-)

Today, after 14 hours of sleep, I get back to my mails, get "mentally prepared" to join the company in 10 days, and sip a tea while this time "coldplay" is on the radio, like if the shadow of CCD was following me !! oh no !! I get back to my piano, standing lonely near the window, and jobless since 5 months so I wake it up for an hour or two. What a pleasure after using Sharav's poor synth! I need to get my brother at the train station and borrow is car, an old dark green mini 1995, which is definitely the cool car #2 (the cool car #1 being mine of course). I step in the car and his Ipod starts playing supercool djying trans electro beat music ! Wow, fell like wearing my sunglasses and driving down to South of France !! he he and then I remember that the last time I drove was a Kart Attack, ECR road, 3 days ago. Feels quite the same to drive a mini. So I started cutting the corners, speeding and overtaking people, remembering that in Switzerland, you drive on the right side, not like India ! Finally, we stop at the garage to get MY car, an old light green mini 1982, that rolls like a queen, and speeds like a mouse.. (that means, you THINK you're speeding, but you're NOT ha ha !!). Anyways, with its shiva stickers, its disco ball, and Unnale Unnale playing on the radio, I feel I'm back in a rickshaw !!

Tonight, what plans ? maybe a restaurant with full 3 course dinner and a treat from my parents!! You're invited, please join!! Will keep up with the fun news of SWISSland he he !
Chalo chalo !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home